The SBE 32 Carousel Water Sampler has been extensively deployed throughout the world’s oceans, where it has built a reputation for reliability and ease of use. With an accessory Deck Unit, the Carousel provides water sampling and real-time CTD data acquisition with any Sea-Bird profiling CTD (requires electro-mechanical cable and slip-ring equipped winch). With an accessory underwater unit, the Carousel can operate autonomously with a Sea-Bird profiling CTD and can be programmed to close bottles at selected depths, allowing deployment using non-electrical wire or line.
The Carousel is available in three models:
• Full-size SBE 32 for a 12 or 24-position system (36-position custom).
• Compact SBE 32C for a 12-position sampler with bottles up to 8 liters, for use with limited vertical clearance.
• 12, 24, or 36 bottles ranging from 1.7 to 30 liters.
• Easy integration with any Sea-Bird profiling CTD.
• Autonomous (pre-programmed) or real-time data acquisition and water sampling; bottle firing in any order.
• Depths to 6800 m (aluminum) or 7000 m (titanium).
• Seasoft© V2 Windows software package (setup, data upload, real-time data acquisition and keyboard control of bottle firing, data processing).
• Five-year limited warranty.
• Electronics/release pylon with mounting hub, adapter plates, lifting bail, and guard frame; full-size Carousel includes extension stand for mounting CTD below Carousel frame.
• Bottles, accessory Deck Unit (for real-time operation) or underwater unit (for autonomous operation), CTD mounting brackets and interface cable, and auxiliary sensors are ordered separately.
Servicing, Calibration and Support
Imbros’ local engineering department can service, repair and calibrate your instrument without expensive shipping costs or wait times.