The Searam is typically installed in the CTD cage with the 9plus CTD; other mounting options are possible for Compact Carousels (SBE 32C) or custom applications.
The Searam’s auto-fire feature monitors pressure data transmitted by the 9plus in real-time, fires bottles on upcast at pre-defined pressures (depths), and records a firing confirmation for each bottle fired.
Each time the Searam is switched on by pushing in the magnetic switch, a file header containing date, time, and cast number is written to memory. The Searam’s memory can record full-rate CTD and 8-channel auxiliary sensor data (24 scans/sec) for approximately 6 hours. When desired, the data is uploaded to a computer. Sea-Bird software converts the raw CTD data and bottle fire confirmations and creates a CTD data file and a bottle data file.
• Auxiliary equipment for use with SBE 9plus CTD and SBE 32 Carousel Water Sampler, allowing for autonomous operation without conducting winch cable:
• – Memory and power module for 9plus; CTD data uploaded upon recovery.
• – Auto-fire module, allowing Carousel to collect samples on upcast at pre-programmed depths (for up to 24 bottles).
• D-size batteries (NiMH or alkaline) to power 9plus and Carousel; memory for 9plus data (including auxiliary sensors) and bottle firing confirmation.
• Seasoft© V2 Windows software package (setup, data upload, and data processing).
• Depths to 10,500 m.
• Five-year limited warranty.
• 6800 m aluminum housing, or 7000 or 10,500 m titanium housing.
• XSG or wet-pluggable MCBH connectors.
• AC-powered junction box (can provide external power to Searam, permitting setup and data upload without use of battery capacity).
Servicing, Calibration and Support
Imbros’ local engineering department can service, repair and calibrate your instrument without expensive shipping costs or wait times.