The CO2-Pro instrument measures the partial pressure of CO2 gas dissolved in water using infrared detection. Standard ranges from 0-600 ppm to 0-2000 ppm as well as custom ranges are available. This ensures the full spectrum of pCO2 is covered for accurate measurement of CO2 in any application.
With industry-leading pCO2 accuracy and stability for fully submersible instruments, the CO2-Pro sensor provides the reliable long-term data that are needed for monitoring and assessing the magnitude of ocean acidification, climate change, and carbon fluxes.
The patented supported tubular interface provides three effective modes of biofouling resistance: high shear on the membrane surface, darkness, and solid copper. The CO2-Pro is ideal for shallow waters in highly productive areas.
An internal zeroing feature provides a stable long-term baseline for ensuring accurate and stable measurements. The CO2-Pro can also be modified to measure both water and air pCO2.
For optimal accuracy, instruments are factory calibrated using WMO traceable standard gases. In addition, detector temperature stabilization and measurement of gas stream pressure and humidity provide accuracy unparalleled by other small submersible pCO2 instruments.
- – Patented tubular interface provides unmatched biofouling resistance
- – High accuracy, long-term stability
- – Multiple data outputs
- – Large selection of pCO2 concentration ranges
- – Easy integration into any system
- – Real-time data output; no post-processing
- – Internal data logger and controller with 2GB flash memory
pCO2 Sensor Applications
- – Ocean acidification
- – Long-term ocean pCO2 monitoring
- – Near-surface flux studies
- – Shipboard flow-through pCO2 measurements
- – Coastal zone CO2 fluxes
|Zero drift||automatic zero compensation|
|Equilibration time (t63)||2.5 minutes (with water pump at 20º C)|
(alternate ranges available)
0 – 1000 ppm
0 – 2000 ppm
|Length||33 cm (13 in)|
|Diameter||19 cm (7.5 in)|
|Weight||Air: 6.5 kg (14.3 lbs)|
Water: -0.5 kg (-1.1 lbs)
|Water Temperature||0º to 30º C (Standard)|
-2º to 20º C (Arctic)
15º to 40º C (Tropical)
|Input voltage||10-18 VDC|
|Power consumption||4 W (12 W during warmup, includes SBE 3K pump)|
|Data output||RS-232, ASCII format, 0-5 V or 4-20 mA optional|
|Sample rate||1 seconds (user selectable with datalogger/controller)|
Telemetry2U lets you monitor your sensors, control devices and automate tasks – all through one simple, secure, and configurable IoT platform. Pro-Oceanus products are compatible with their technology, allowing for:
- – Real-time data access on any device
- – Alerts and alarms for parameters you define
- – Comprehensive reporting and historic data visualizations available on customizable dashboards
Servicing, Calibration and Support
Imbros’ local engineering department can service, repair and calibrate your instrument without expensive shipping costs or wait times.