The CO2-Pro™ Atmosphere instrument measures the partial pressure of CO2 gas in both surface water and air. An internal zeroing feature provides drift correction for stable and accurate long-term measurements.
Designed for use on buoys, the rugged unit is comprised of a CO2-Pro™ that mounts under the buoy for water measurement connected to a NEMA box that is used to take in air from above the buoy. Alternating measurements of pCO2 in air and water provide accurate data for reliable surface flux calculations. The instrument is well-suited for integration into shipboard flow-through systems.
Sensors are calibrated using WMO traceable standards. Measurement of gas pressure and humidity along with stabilized detector temperature provides accuracy unparalleled by other small submersible pCO2 sensors.
The CO2-Pro™ Atmosphere was chosen as the air-sea pCO2 instrumentation for the Coastal and Global Scale Nodes component of the US OOI, Ocean Observatories Initiative.
- – Measurement of pCO2 in both air and surface water simultaneously
- – Patented tubular interface provides unmatched biofouling resistance
- – High accuracy, long-term stability
- – Easy integration into buoy and shipboard systems
- – Real-time data output; no post-processing
- – Internal data logger and controller with 2GB flash memory
pCO2 Sensor Applications
- – Surface CO2 flux studies
- – Long-term ocean pCO2 monitoring
- – Open ocean studies
- – Coastal zone CO2 fluxes
|Zero drift||automatic zero compensation|
|Equilibration time (t63)||water: 2.5 min|
air: 5 sec
(alternate ranges available)
0 – 1000 ppm
0 – 2000 ppm
|CO2 -Pro Submersible:|
|Length||33 cm (13 in)|
|Diameter||19 cm (7.5 in)|
|Weight||Air: 6.6 kg (14.5 lbs)|
Water: -0.5 kg (-1.1 lbs)
|Water Temperature||0º to 30º C (Standard)|
-2º to 20º C (Arctic)
15º to 40º C (Tropical)
|Air-side NEMA Enclosure Size:||30 x 30 x 10 cm|
|Input voltage||10-18 VDC|
|Power consumption||4W (12W during warmup, includes SBE 3K pump)|
|Data output||RS-232, ASCII format, 0-5 V or 4-20 mA|
|Sample rate||1 second (variable rate with logger/controller)|
Telemetry2U lets you monitor your sensors, control devices and automate tasks – all through one simple, secure, and configurable IoT platform. Pro-Oceanus products are compatible with their technology, allowing for:
- – Real-time data access on any device
- – Alerts and alarms for parameters you define
- – Comprehensive reporting and historic data visualizations available on customizable dashboards
Servicing, Calibration and Support
Imbros’ local engineering department can service, repair and calibrate your instrument without expensive shipping costs or wait times.