Effective flood monitoring and risk mitigation is achieved through a network of flood warning stations installed at various points within a watershed or on a body of water. Monitoring stations log both rainfall and water levels and provide advanced warning of dangerous conditions.
The X2 data logger is the central component of NexSens automated flood warning systems. It is compatible with a wide range of sensor types and manufacturers and can transmit real-time data to the WQData LIVE web datacenter via radio, cellular, or satellite telemetry. WQData LIVE has a suite of data management tools and alerts via email or SMS text message.
Flexible mounting options for the X2 simplify installation on bridges, dams, piers, levees and other structures. Power is supplied with SP10 solar power packs or connection to mains power.
Sensors typically integrated into NexSens flood warning systems include YSI H-3401 tipping bucket rain gauges and the VEGAPULS C 23 radar level sensor for non-contact level measurement, but nearly all industry-standard weather and level sensors are supported.
YSI H-3401 Tipping Bucket Rain Gauges
The YSI H-3401 is a precision tipping bucket rain gauge with optional SDI-12 output for use in hydro-meteorological applications.
- Two removable stainless steel funnel screens
- Rustproof, powder painted aluminum enclosure and cast base
- Built in microprocessor automatically corrects errors
NexSens SP-Series Solar Power Packs
The SP-Series Solar Power Packs feature a solar panel, regulator, and battery housed in a weather tight enclosure.
- Designed for use with the NexSens X2 data loggers
- All components are weather tight and designed to withstand harsh conditions
- Adjustable angle to 0, 30, 45
X2 Environmental Data Logger
NexSens’ flagship data logger offering the latest in real-time monitoring technology with wireless communication, a large plug-and-play sensor library, and ultra-low power consumption.
- Watertight aluminum and polycarbonate housing
- Underwater connections made with simple thread-in waterproof connectors to reduce complications and errors
- Wireless, remote communication options include WiFi, 4G LTE cellular, CAYT-M1/NB2 cellular, iridium satellite, and 2.4GHz and 900MHz radio.
VEGA VEGAPULS C 23 Radar Water Level Sensor
The VEGAPULS C 23 is the ideal radar sensor for non-contact level measurement in rivers, lakes, channels, and other environmental applications.
- Measuring range up to 30m with ≤ 2mm accuracy
- Low power consumption with flexible operating voltage from 8 to 30 VDC
- Integrated Bluetooth for configuration and SDI-12 output for data logger interface
Servicing, Calibration and Support
Imbros’ local engineering department can service, repair and calibrate your instrument without expensive shipping costs or wait times.