The LISST-SL2 is a powerful multi-parameter river sediment monitoring instrument. Delivers real-time Point-Integrated, Depth-Integrated, or time-series data. Replaces old technology samplers.
The streamlined body is a minimum drag shape. In measures depth, velocity, temperature, concentration and size distribution of sediments and other auxiliary parameters. Based on laser diffraction.
The system employs active control of an intake pump that matches intake velocity to river velocity (iso-kinetic).
– The LISST-SL2 has a greatly simplified user interface compared to the original LISST-SL.
– Uses laser diffraction; redesigned optics cover expanded grain size range, 1-500 microns (from 2-386 microns for LISST-SL)
– Isokinetic; advanced pump control.
– 2-wire special communication protocol consistent with USGS B-reel use.
– Topside Box (TCB) contains batteries, and transfers data to laptop computer using blue tooth.
– Display on computer shows battery life remaining, and issues warning when low.
– Real-time display: Current speed, temperature, concentration, grain size distribution, depth, mean sediment grain size
– Software delivers point-integrated and depth-integrated sediment data.
– Blue-tooth data link permits operation out of weather.
– Switch between ft and ft/s or m and m/s for depth and velocity units.
– Real-time data processing permits time-series or vertical profile format for all data.
– Easier storage and maintenance after use.