The LISST-Portable|XR is the world’s first and only battery powered portable particle size analyzer. It can be used in the field, in the laboratory or on the factory floor.
The LISST-Portable|XR analyzes the sample in a wet state to obtain the particle size distribution and the particle volume concentration. The LISST-Portable|XR uses the same laser light scattering method (laser diffraction) as popular laboratory particle size analyzers.
It has all the features and performance of a laboratory instrument but in a self-contained, portable enclosure that allows you to make measurements where it’s needed, when it’s needed.
– Truly portable – completely self-contained with built-in data logger, processor, rechargeable battery, and 7” color touch screen display.
– Particle Size Range 0.35 to 500 microns
– Pumped and recirculating mixing chamber that keeps large and heavy particles suspended.
– Shock mounted optics block that can withstand the rigors of field use.
– A built-in ultrasonic probe for complete sample dispersion.
– Touch panel allows for easy SOP programming, sample analysis and display of data without a PC.
– Multiple Mie models as well as Fraunhofer model available for inversion, selectable from the touch panel
– All data-processing is performed on board and stored in ASCII format. No post-processing necessary.
– Outputs: Total volume concentration, mean size, standard deviation, optical transmission, D5, D10, D16, D25, D50 (median grain size), D60, D75, D84, D90, D95, D60/D10 (Hazen uniformity coefficient), particle surface area, silt fraction, silt volume, size distribution, battery voltage, sample notes.
– Based on the laser diffraction principle. Compliant with ISO-13320-1 standard.
Servicing, Calibration and Support
Imbros’ local engineering department can service, repair and calibrate your instrument without expensive shipping costs or wait times.
Available as rental instrument
Also available to rent for smaller or one-off particle sizing tasks