The LISST-Portable|XR is the world’s first and only battery powered portable particle size analyzer. It can be used in the field, in the laboratory or on the factory floor.
The LISST-Portable|XR analyzes the sample in a wet state to obtain the particle size distribution and the particle volume concentration. The LISST-Portable|XR uses the same laser light scattering method (laser diffraction) as popular laboratory particle size analyzers.
It has all the features and performance of a laboratory instrument but in a self-contained, portable enclosure that allows you to make measurements where it’s needed, when it’s needed.
– Truly portable – completely self-contained with built-in data logger, processor, rechargeable battery, and 7” color touch screen display.
– Particle Size Range 0.35 to 500 microns
– Pumped and recirculating mixing chamber that keeps large and heavy particles suspended.
– Shock mounted optics block that can withstand the rigors of field use.
– A built-in ultrasonic probe for complete sample dispersion.
– Touch panel allows for easy SOP programming, sample analysis and display of data without a PC.
– Multiple Mie models as well as Fraunhofer model available for inversion, selectable from the touch panel
– All data-processing is performed on board and stored in ASCII format. No post-processing necessary.
– Outputs: Total volume concentration, mean size, standard deviation, optical transmission, D5, D10, D16, D25, D50 (median grain size), D60, D75, D84, D90, D95, D60/D10 (Hazen uniformity coefficient), particle surface area, silt fraction, silt volume, size distribution, battery voltage, sample notes.
– Based on the laser diffraction principle. Compliant with ISO-13320-1 standard.