Super-Turbidity is a patent pending technology developed by Sequoia Scientific, Inc. It involves pairing a LISST-ABS with a turbidity sensor using a weight factor, which results in a single, combined output from the two sensors. Once paired, the LISST-AOBS retains near-constant calibration for SSC over a wide grain-size range. The LISST-AOBS Super-Turbidity sensor is supplied by Sequoia as an integrated and paired turbidity and acoustic sensor with a variety of cabling and data logger options.
- – Paired acoustic and optical technologies
- – Near-constant calibration within a factor of two for grain-sizes from 1–500 µm
- – Complete, integrated package pairing a LISST-ABS and a Turner Designs Turbidity PlusTM
- – Includes Y-cable providing power and integrated SDI-12 communication to and from both sensors
- – Tolerant to biofouling (LISST-ABS); integrated wiper (Turbidity PlusTM)