Q-Swab™ is a ready-to-use sample collection and delivery device for environmental surface sampling. Simply collect an environmental sample and snap the bulb at the top of the device to release 1 mL of media into the sample. The media neutralizes residual sanitizers and facilitates the recovery of bacteria*. A variety of different media are available depending on bacteria of concern. After activation, the sample is ready to be poured onto sample-ready media film or streaked onto plates for culturing. Q-Swab can be used either wet or dry to sample surfaces.
*Only Letheen media neutralizes residual sanitizers.
- – Ready-to-use and convenient
- – All-in-one sample collection system
- – Self-contained, gamma-irradiated broth in each Q-Swab
- – Patented Snap-Valve allows quick release of broth
- – Rehydrates 1 dried media film perfectly
- – Available broths: Letheen and Buffered Peptone Water
- – Can be used on wet or dry surfaces
- – 100% recyclable plastic
- – 18 month shelf life at room temperature or refrigerated
|QS1200||1.0mL, Letheen Broth||250|
|QS1000||1.0mL, Letheen Buffered Peptone Water||250|
Q-Swabs in action
Q-Swab are self-contained in a 1.0 mL reservoir by patented Snap-Valve™ technology. When the Snap-Valve™ is snapped, broth is released down the swab shaft, neutralising residual sanitisers and facilitating recovery of bacteria. The sample is then ready to be poured onto dehydrated media or streaked onto agar plates for culturing. Q-Swab can be used either wet or dry to sample environmental surfaces. Simply swab, snap and squeeze and a sample is ready for transport to the laboratory.