InSite Salmonella is a quick and easy test for the detection of Salmonella species in food processing environments. The test contains a liquid medium formulated with growth enhancers and chromogenic compounds selective for Salmonella species. A color change from purple to bright yellow in 24 – 48 hours is presumptive positive for Salmonella species. InSite Salmonella is a self-contained screening test which is easy to perform while reducing wait time, labor costs, and materials.
- – AOAC Certified
- – Easy-to-use with no preparation steps required
- – Large sponge tip maximizes sample collection for accurate results
- – Eliminates costly outside lab fees for an equivalent test
- – Colour results are easy to interpret – bright yellow indicates presence of Salmonella species
- – Positive results in as little as 24 hours
- – Presumptive negative results in 48 hours
- – Self contained tube eliminates risk of contamination
- – 9 month shelf life at refrigerated temperatures (2 – 8 ⁰C)
- – Detects Salmonella species down to 1-10 CFU, even in the presence of high numbers of competing organisms
InSite Salmonella features a viewing window with a result chart for easy interpretation. Results are presumptive positive when the Insite Salmonella media turns bright yellow.
It doesn’t take a microbiologist to understand these results.