The Histostar™ Embedding Center is designed to enhance user comfort and increase work productivity, allowing for a seamless transition from tissue processing to microtomy.
Cool and Contoured
• All user contact points are smooth and insulated providing a cool and comfortable workspace. The casework has been precision sculpted to avoid pressure points and uncomfortable heated areas
• Cool LED lighting provides specimen illumination at five user-selectable intensities, without the clutter of awkward remote lighting. A low-profile dispense head further enhances specimen visibility
High capacity Throughput
• With its large-capacity tissue storage tank, the HistoStar is capable of accepting baskets from any tissue processor. The five-liter paraffin reservoir is one of the largest basket storage compartments, and along with the large area cold plate, has been designed for maximum productivity in the busiest of laboratories
• Any sample size can be handled with ease. A simple adjustment moves the dispensing paddle to accommodate the samples you are working with. Even Super Mega™ cassettes from Epredia can be embedded. Two different nozzle lengths allow for adaptation to personal convenience
• Large easy to read touch screen display allows quick access to the precise temperature controls and other parameters. Programmable “sleep” mode saves energy and accommodates user workflow
• Integrated ParaTrimmer™ – excess paraffin can be removed during the embedding process without scraping
• Adjustable cold plate with variable temperature +/- 5 °C. Holds up to 72 blocks at a time
Servicing, Calibration and Support
Imbros’ local engineering department can service, repair and calibrate your instrument without expensive shipping costs or wait times.