The system periodically diverts water from the vessel’s flow-through system through a cartridge filter. The periodically filtered measurements allow for high-accuracy differential measurements of particle properties, for example absorption.
FlowControl-Lab is NOT submersible. A submersible version of the FlowControl is available. It is called FlowControl-Sub and is rated to 500 m depth.
– Periodically filtered measurements allow for high-accuracy differential measurements of particle properties
– Electrically-actuated three-way ball valve allows flow to be bypassed through submicron filter cartridge before instrumentation
– Includes valve, power supply, controller, one paddlewheel flow sensor, cables, and Windows software
– Valve position indicator
– Flow sensor data indicates proper system functioning, filter fouling and are used for post-processing and QC
– Removable flow sensor windows for flow visualization, cleaning and servicing
– Software allows for valve scheduling, manual setting of valve position and logs flow rates and system state to hourly ASCII files
– Rugged construction for use in laboratory, ship-board, or dock-side applications