With high usability in mind, the autonomous EvoLogics SONOBOT unmanned surface vehicle was developed to provide surveyors, service providers and researchers with a smart lightweight solution for hydrographic surveys and other applications in harbors and inland waters.
SONOBOT design objectives were usability, robustness and versatility, paired with high-performance of the on-board sensors.
SONOBOT is a small, simple and usable platform for planning and executing a hydrographic survey that can deliver accurate geo-referenced bathymetric measurements and high-quality imagery with minimum transport, launch and recovery efforts.
Specifically for the SONOBOT, EvoLogics utilized the patented S2C broadband communication technology to build an advanced single-beam echo sounder, capable of delivering precise and accurate depth measurements even in very shallow waters. The side scan sonar, GPS system and other equipment options were pre-selected among commercial off-the-shelf products to best fit the SONOBOT platform and offer the user the best configuration for his particular requirements.
– Differential GPS for high-accuracy cartography (GPS, GLONASS and Galileo)
– Side-scan sonar option
– Integrated camera for operation in remote locations and surveillance
– Fast access to points of interest, accurate maneuvers and efficient area scanning with precisely controllable hydro jet thrusters
– Batteries for over 10 hours of operation (at optimum operation speed)
– Software for field operation and data processing with visual georeferenced representation
– Autonomous and radio controlled operation modes
– Wi-Fi communication (GPRS/UMTS)
– On-board data logging, wireless transmission on demand
– Exchangeable supports for increased stability
– Carbon fiber floaters, corrosion-free materials, resistant to seawater and industrial waste water
– Fast assembly without special tools
– Can be handled by a single person
– Fits into a car trunk compartment for transport