Residues remaining on surfaces indicate poor cleaning and could contain potentially allergenic proteins, which could lead to product contamination.
3M Clean-Trace Surface Protein (Allergen) is a simple method of checking for removal of protein residues after cleaning. Simply swab your surface, activate the swab, shake to mix with the reagent and incubate at 55oC for 15 minutes. Read the colour and compare to the chart on the side of the tube for your result. As the majority of allergens are proteins, if a surface is found to be protein-free, it is also free of protein-based allergens.
- – Reduce the risk of a food safety incident — food residues could contain allergens and potentially contaminate allergen-free product
- – Detects as little as 3μg of protein on surfaces and in solution
- – Validated for a range of allergenic proteins, including egg, milk, gluten, soy and peanut
- – Visual reading of a colour change indicates the presence of detectable levels of protein
- – Fast results allow immediate corrective action
- – Can be integrated into your Allergen Management Program — risk areas can be monitored for cleaning effectiveness
- – As an additional benefit, it can help to reduce the risk of bacterial contamination — food residues on surfaces provide nutrients for spoilage or pathogenic bacteria to thrive
4 Easy Steps
Swab surface firmly. If the surface is dry, wet the swab with the moisturizer supplied in the kit.
Place swab back in tube and click to activate. Shake from side to side for 5 seconds.
Incubate the swab at 55°C for 15 minutes using a Digital Dry Block Heater.
Interpret the results of your test. Green is clean. Purple means dirty.
|3M ALTEC60 Surface Protein Allergen 60/Box
|Digital Dry Block Incubator